Welcome to Authentic Ottawa Valley Apparel (AOV)! AOV, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies maintain this site (the “Site”) for your personal entertainment, information, education, and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, personal use only provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re-post, or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without AOV’s written permission. Your access to and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Site.
Terms and Conditions
1. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted, and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions without the written permission of AOV. AOV neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with AOV.
2. While AOV uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the Site, AOV makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. AOV assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
3. Your use of and browsing in the Site are at your risk. Neither AOV nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. AOV also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
4. While we are always happy to hear from you, it is AOV’s policy not to accept or consider creative materials, ideas, or suggestions other than those we specifically request. All ideas, suggestions other voluntary information submitted to our Sites become the property of AOV. This is to avoid any misunderstandings if your ideas are similar to those we have developed independently. Therefore we must request that you do not send to us any original creative materials such as screenplays, stories, original artwork, etc. Any communication or material you do transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by AOV or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, AOV is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products or services using such information.
5. Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, AOV. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
6. The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of AOV and its subsidiaries. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of AOV or such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that AOV will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
7. AOV has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
8. Although AOV may from time to time monitor postings, transmissions and the like on the Site, AOV is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. AOV will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing AOV to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
9. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold AOV and its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers and licensors (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) incurred by any Indemnified Party in connection with any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions. AOV reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with AOV’s defense of such claim.
10. AOV owns and retains all rights to artwork, design, layout and ideas in regards, but not limited to, Business directory listings, Homepage design and layout, graphic and web design, exchange of services for barter, banner ad and logo design unless specifically stated otherwise.
11. The Sites are controlled and operated from its offices in Pembroke, ON, Canada. AOV makes no representation that materials in the Sites are appropriate or available for use in other locations and other countries. Those who choose to access the Sites from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
This agreement shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario, as it is applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within such State. Any action you, any third party or AOV bring to enforce this agreement or, in connection with, any matters related to this site shall be brought only in either the province or Federal Courts located in Ontario, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire agreement between the parties relating to the matters contained herein and shall not be modified except in writing, signed by AOV.
12. AOV may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
Authentic Ottawa Valley (AOV) respects the privacy concerns of the users of its Internet Sites (“Sites”), and has created this privacy statement to explain what information we gather from your visit to our Sites, and how such information may be used.
Use of Information:
As a general policy no personally identifiable information, such as your name or address is automatically collected from your visit to AOV. However, certain non-personal information is recorded by the standard operation of AOV’s Internet servers. Information such as the type of browser being used, its operating system, and your IP address is gathered in order to enhance your online experience.
Various forms on our Site may request that you give us contact information (such as your email address), demographic information and profile data. Information submitted at the time of signing up for any of our services may be used for marketing and promotional purposes by AOV and its subsidiaries . Personally identifiable information is never sold or leased to any third parties. We may use your contact information to send you information about our companies and what we’re doing. You may always opt-out of receiving future mailings by unsubscribing by the link inside the mailing.
Our Sites use various forms for you to sign up and subscribe to our services. Contact information we collect from our forms (such as your email address) is used to process your subscription requests. The contact information is also used to get in touch with you when necessary regarding your subscription(s).
AOV may disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with AOV’s rights or property, other AOV web site users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
To the extent that any of our Sites accessible through the AOV have additional or different practices or policies, these practices will be explained at that Site.
Security for all personally identifiable information is extremely important to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, AOV cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
AOV Sites do not allow children under 13 to sign up for any subscriptions. Further, we do not allow children under 13 to participate in any activity such as a contest, or to receive ongoing communications from AOV.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s computer hard drive for record keeping purposes. Cookies are used to track visits to our Sites and to personalize the Sites for new and current subscribers. Cookies enable us to, among other things, save your passwords and preferences for you. Cookies are restricted for use only on our Sites, and do not transfer any personal information to any other party. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies; however, you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. (Note: you will need to consult the help area of your browser application for instructions.) If you choose to disable your cookies setting or refuse to accept a cookie, some parts of AOV’s web sites will not function properly or may be considerably slower. For example, without cookies, you will not be able to set personalized preferences or you may have difficulty completing our forms or submitting information to our Sites.
Use of IP Addresses:
Links to Other Sites:
AOV is not responsible for the content or practices of third party websites that may be linked to our Sites. Our Sites may also be linked to websites operated by other companies. Visitors to these web sites should refer to each web site’s respective privacy policies and practices.
Third Party Cookies. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser.
Information provided by you via general email inquiries to AOV such as your email address is used only to respond to your inquiries in the ordinary course of business, and is never shared with third parties.
Your Acceptance of These Terms: